Watch Chef Wes Stepp as he shows you how the Red Sky Cafe in Duck creates beautiful dishes using fresh local seafood from the Outer Banks in North Carolina. Whether you are dining in the restaurant or desire our Chefs On Call services in your own home, your taste buds are in for sheer delight.
In this video, Chef Wes Stepp shows us how to prepare a flavorful and mouth-watering Rockfish and Scallop dish, Red Sky style, in just minutes.
- 3 thick ocean scallops are sautéed in a pan of heated olive oil until browned on both sides.
- Rockfish is sliced into medallions, removing any excess blood line, and complimented with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, before adding the fish to the scallops.
- Portobello mushrooms marinated in balsamic vinegar are added to the mix, along with fresh garlic and onion.
- Cayenne pepper for those who enjoy a little kick.
- Dry white wine- Chardonnay
- Butter for richness
- Clam Juice
- Squeezed in lime
The rockfish is topped with fresh spinach and goat cheese, and onions and tomatoes are added for additional flavor. After adding wine to get the dish flaming up with flavor, the heat is reduced to allow a slow simmer.
Scallops are then placed beside a delicious piece of crusty French bread, which is then topped with rockfish and all of the other ingredients. The dish is complimented with fresh parsley, cilantro, and a beautiful scallion flower. The plate may also be decorated with Sriracha, which is a delicious and spicy chili sauce.
This is one example of how our party catering on the Outer Banks can spice up your event. You can also go all out for your event and reserve a special venue for your party. What could be more perfect than serving local Rockfish while dining soundfront at the best Outer Banks Wedding Venue?