Choosing a wedding caterer can be nerve wracking. After all, this is your big day and you want it to be perfect. Since you don’t have much, if any, experience, in choosing a caterer for your wedding, we are more than happy to help you out.
Ask these questions when you contact your prospective wedding caterer:
1. Are they available on the day of your wedding? If they are already booked, can they handle more than one wedding at a time?
2. Give your caterer an accurate guest count and ask for a price. Some of the more expensive caterers provide extra services that will make a high price more reasonable.
3. Ask about menus. Will they provide the type of food that you want? Do they use the freshest ingredients? Ask for pictures of their food presentation.
4. What do they include with their catering service? Do they provide a wait staff? How about serving utensils or linens?
5. Ask for the paperwork. Are they insured? Are they licensed? Ask for references from previous clients.
6. Ask your caterer where receptions are usually held in the area, then ask those venues about your prospective wedding caterer. If you have already chosen a venue for your reception, ask them about their experience with your prospective caterers.
7. Does your caterer offer tastings? The chance to try the food before committing to a caterer can save you a mountain of regret.
Remember, this is for your wedding reception and a little bit of work now can bring you much happiness later. Just ask the questions above when you speak to caterers and you should have no trouble choosing the best caterer for your reception.