This video is the continuation of the chat I had with Chef Wes during a gorgeous wedding in the Whalehead Club (Corolla, NC).
First, Chef Wes explains why the Red Sky catering services have established themselves as the premiere wedding caterer in the Outer Banks:
- Listening to what the bride and groom want (sounds simple, right? It’s not. Most caterers have strict menus, and only modify it according to # of guests);
- Customized to fit their needs – accommodating exotic tastes, international cuisine, and cooking the way the guests want it;
- Beautiful, unique presentation – as you can see from this obx wedding video, far away from boring wedding food.
Then, Cindy explains to us what brides-to-be (or catering planners) should look for when hiring a caterer on the Outer banks:
- Do your due diligence – call different professionals and check their availability , visit their restaurants, check their Kitchens (if possible)
- Ask for references – many caterers will provide you with a list of past clients you can call, or simply go online and Google them; if they have no web presence, beware!
- Hire an experienced caterer that is familiar with your venue – places like the Whalehead Club have no electricity or running water; a rookie professional may not be ready to deal with unforeseen obstacles like having to wash dishes.
- Look for a caterer that can “live in the solution.”
If you enjoy the tips, leave a comment. What would you like to see next? Do you have a question for Cindy or Wes Stepp?
Send your questions through the comments!
See you soon.